It really hit me last weekend just how much I am going to miss the Swiss people in my life. I am always saying how I never found any really “close” friends in Switzerland, and that was true until just recently. We have a couple friend of ours which we see regularly, at least once a week I would say and they have really become a part of our lives, almost sneaking up on me since I hadn’t realized how much we had come to rely on seeing them and hanging out with them. Its not only those two that I will miss either, it really really hit me direct in the heart after last weekend how much I will miss all of my Swiss friends. On Saturday we were out with friends in Biel, really awesomely cool people, and on Sunday we were at a friend’s house to bbq and just chill, again more awesomely cool people. I rag on the Swiss a lot and complain about not being able to find good friends, but in fact I’ve come to realize that the Swiss just don’t flaunt their friendships the way I am maybe used to. They come into your life slowly but faithfully, and once they are there, they are there to stay. It’s a quiet friendship, a reliable one, a strong one and a great one!! I am really truly going to miss our friends during this trip!!!
P.S- there are of course other people that I will miss, but I just needed to air my feelings about how much I will miss my Swiss peeps since it caught me a bit by surprise once it hit me.
No comments:
Post a Comment