Friday, August 27, 2010

Moving on Out

We are moving out this weekend and I’m sad.
Although we’ve already moved out of the apartment we called home for 4 years, the one we have been living in for 3 months is exactly like it and was still ours, still filled with our things still our home. After this weekend, the only things we’ll have that’s ours are our suitcases, and eventually only our backpacks. It’s hard, I guess because I’ve never had a place to my own, I haven’t lived with my parents since I was 18 but until I moved in with Andi I was always staying at someone else’s. I think it’s also because this is our first apartment together; this is where we have grown and become the Ruefer’s as we are today. It’s hard for me to say bye to things like this. I imagine us in the future saying “remember that tiny first apartment we lived in for 4 years?” and we will remember it as a wonderful perfect time in our lives, but not yet. Now it’s still sad to say goodbye, I guess that's why we put off packing until the very last moment as well.

We move out tomorrow, and in my opinion we aren't even close to being ready for it (ok, well Andi took a day off today to prepare, so maybe by the time I get home we will look more ready) I think we were both putting it off putting it off, telling ourselves "oh we have time." "there's still time" now the time is up and we are left stressed out! Once this is over though the only thing left to think about is the trip.... :-)

Basically though, it's just still sad to be moving out of our home, to never again sleep in that tiny, sometimes uncomfortable bed we had, or sit on our red, falling apart couch. Change is good but I need some time to mourn the passing of this time in our lives......

No comments:

Post a Comment