Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jungle Fever

So, we are finally back to civilization after 5 days in the jungle. We were staying at a "resort" in the Ecuadrian jungle (from Coca about an hour boat ride on the main river then about 15 minutes down a smaller tributory)where we had 4-5 hours a day of spanish lessons and during the other parts of the day we did various excursions into the jungle, hiking, fishing, a night time canoe ride to look for camins etc. It was pretty sweet there we only had electricty for 4 hours each day in the evening, and when Andi asked if it was possible to wash some of our clothes (because with 40 degrees plus humidity our clothes reeked) we were brought to a stone trough.....which after washing only made our clothes smell worse!! it was an experience thats for sure, I am really happy we went but was so happy to leave the jungle, heat, misquitos and eating rice for lunch and dinner everyday! haha So then last night (friday) we got on a bus from Coca-a SUPER nice new air conditioned bus- which took us south to Banos. Banos is a cute little town full of hotels and tour guide companys since there are so many things to do here. Tomorrow we are going to hike up the volcano that is close by (currently not active) and once our friends from the spanish school arrive on Monday i thnk the plan is to rent bikes and ride out to some of the waterfalls where the boys can do some fishing.

I am still loving being here, though some days in the jungle I wasnt sure I would survive the heat! I have also just booked our inca trail hike for Nov 23rd which I am super stoked about!!

I am going to go and enjoy being around people again! Til next time!! Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment