Wednesday, July 28, 2010

85 Days to Go

So, 85 more days to go, it feels so far and yet so close!!

Things we still have to do:
Yellow fever shots
Quit/freeze Roni’s cell contract
Finish paying off our taxes
Set up a payment plan for credit cards/travel cash card (GET a travel cash card)
Apply for Brazilian Visa
Apply for Australian Visa
Sell all the shit in our house


I am sure there are more things I am forgetting (because I have such a brutal memory) but those are the things running through my mind at the moment. Although there is so much still to do and I am getting more and more scared everyday I am so ready to just go. I feel like I have been talking about it and thinking about it for so long now, that now I have finally reached the point where I am tried of reading travel blogs and information about the places we are going, I want to be the one who is there and writing about it already!!!

I went to Spain on the weekend to go and visit Andi who is working down there for 2 weeks, and I had to figure out how to get to the Basel Airport early in the morning and upon landing in Barcelona had to figure out how to get to Lloret de Mar, I must say, I loved it. It was such a thrill to have to be figuring out what bus, what train, what direction and with what ticket I had to go. It’s been so long since I was doing something I hadn’t done before or something that wasn’t just straightforward. That kind of stuff makes me happy; there I am in my element. That was only just an appetizer though, something to whet my travel appetite, South America is going to be a-whole-nother experience, but……

Bring it on World Trip, I’m ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment