Thursday, June 24, 2010

Quitting Part 2

So, since my last post was talking about quitting, I might as well fill you in as to how it went.

I gave my notice last week to my boss, thinking that he would appreciate me giving him my notice two weeks earlier than was necessary. Wrong. He reacted completely different than I expected and even gave me the silent treatment in the days that followed (yes, my office resembles an Elementary school environment). During that time I was really feeling bad, I feel like I have worked my ass off for his department in the last year and a half, resulting in us working as an efficient little team, and this is what I get when I hand in my notice? The silent treatment? I should know by now not to expect office professionalism from some people, but instead it never fails to surprise me. Anyways, so for a few days I had this really bad feeling surrounding me until it hit me, HEY, I’m FREE!!! If he wants to wallow in self pity about me leaving let him do that, but I cannot let him bring me down! I have been looking forward to this day since January (ok, let’s be honest, since November 2008….) and I should enjoy it! This whole thing we’ve been talking about is really going to happen. We’re going.

Holy shit: We’re going!

No comments:

Post a Comment